Sunday, September 2, 2012

Painting a Picture and Story Telling In Non-Fiction Business Online Articles

There are many ways to write online articles or develop content for your industry, or give information to the world by putting it out on the Internet, the greatest communication device ever created in the history of mankind. Every online article author has their own style, me included, one which I developed over an eight-year period. My style is unlike other authors, and theirs is much different than mine. That's a good thing, it shows that there is freedom of expression, and the political correctness has not invaded the online world of articles as deeply as it has in other venues of the media.

They say in fictional work that you need to paint a picture, to tell a story, to tap into the emotion of the reader, and to put them in a place, allowing them to suspend their belief system as if they were actually there. Not everyone can do that, but the good literary writers often do. Although I don't write a lot of fiction, I have written a bit, and I think just a little practice in the fictional realm will help a nonfiction online article author do even better with portraying facts and information about the real world. Let me explain.

You see, one of the things that I do in my style of writing is I often tell a story. Perhaps it is someone that I met, an idea I had, or something I had read. Then I couple it with other information that I've garnered through experience, education, research, or mere observation. In doing this I can draw the reader in to my world and see things through my eyes, as if they were standing next to me and we were having a conversation. What I'm doing is painting a picture and telling a story even though it's in a nonfiction article.

You can do the same thing in your articles, it isn't that difficult. In fact, I invite you to read some of the articles that I create each and every day, and very quickly you will see how I've developed my style, and perhaps there are components of it which can also work for you. Unlike many of the great literary writers of our time, I was not schooled in writing, I learned the hard way, and perhaps in many regards I learned incorrectly. It's taken a long time to get over some of those early mistakes I made, which unfortunately became part of the foundation of my writing.

But one thing is certain, painting a picture and telling a story works in nonfiction just as well as it does in a fictional work. I think you should try it. Indeed I hope you will please consider all this and think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment