Sunday, August 26, 2012

How to Write Great Articles in 15 Minutes or Less

This article will show you how you can write great articles in 15 minutes or less. If you are anything like me, then you find that you work best when you work fast.

For some reason, when you take your time to do something, you wind up over thinking and the final product is nowhere as good as it would be if you just sat down and started cranking out your prose. However, fear may set in and you may have to slow down.

This article will show you some steps that you can employ to be able to write an article in 15 minute or less.

Create Your Basic Plan First - You do not want to have to go from 0 to 60 with no plan in place. Doing a few minutes of planning on the rules of engagement ahead of time will allow you to hit the ground running when you are ready to start writing. Here is what I mean -

· Have a list of ideas that you want to write about readily available.

· Have a list of keywords that you want to base your articles on available.

· Keep a notebook with new ideas that you can create.

Do Research Fast - I always have a bunch of topics handy that I can write about. When I sit down to write, I do a Google search for similar content. I will spend about 2 minutes reading quickly through 1 or two 2 articles to get some ideas that I can write about. Doing a quick skim triggers some ideas that you can write about but does not set your mind up to copy those ideas. In other words, do not copy somebody else's content. However, give credit if somebody else's work inspires your work.

Go with the low hanging fruit - Pick out an idea that is easy to write about in the moment. Do not save your best stuff for later, when you can spend more time on it. Your subconscious mind knows what it wants to do. Listen to it and you will find that the work that you create is better than the work that you will create if you save an idea.

Trust yourself - Especially in the beginning, you will talk yourself out of your ideas and will second guess what you did. If I second guess something that I write, then I will write another post later with my new thinking and an explanation of what changed. However, I will not pull back an idea that I had in the past, unless it is inaccurate.

OK, as we approach the 14 minute mark for this article, this should give you a taste of what to do on how to write great articles in 15 minutes.

Oh yeah, one more tip - You probably will not be very good in the beginning. Don't worry about it because you will find that you will get better very quickly and you will soon be able to write great articles in under 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment